Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Plot Thickens

As I read the Godfather, the plot thickens, becoming even more interesting to read. How so? like the movie, but abit different. I guess the movie of this novel picked out all the important bits of the novel and put it into great detail like the characters and settings. Like for example the insult to Johnny Fontane when he talked to Don Coaleone about his problem which was actually a joke on him for not acting like a man due to showbiz he's became weak. So, one of the famous qoutes from novel is placed in the movie as well. Which is "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man".

So yeash, I'm praising this novel so far.

As you know my excitement from my previous post of finding the novel. I'll tell you how i found it. (better take that cup of water in your mind right now, you're thirsty I know)

First thing I did was arrive at the mall in gadong around fifthteen minutes to one o'clock in the afteroon, thanks to my kind hearted dad who didn't let me drive but instead send me. I start of going to chong hock and buy myself an anime set of the latest episode of Naruto Shippuuden, I'm lazy to download the whole thing again, but I also forgot what movies I was suppose to buy too.

Then so after purchasing, I walked to EGM looked if there are any new latest xbox 360 games so my fingers can get a work out they need which they don't have any, so I continued walking towards the cineplex and saw an Iron Man trailer which I must say it'll be definately must watch film of 2008 as I am hoping not to be disappointed if there are any change of plots. Anyways, I went to the game shop in the cineplex, found turok but it didn't work so didn't buy it. Then continued walking around like as if it was a walkout. Then went to DVD/CD/VCD shops to take a look but nothing caught my eye.

So, after that I went to best eastern, a bookshop at the ground floor, checked for books like if anything catches my eye like reader's digest which I've been anxiously waiting for but no issue arrived yet.

So before I made a rapid call to my dad to pick me up, I deceided to walkabout some more. The Mall was quite not as full as it was in every salary/pay day week of brunei so it was coast clear. Then I deceided like I said in the previous post Book hunting, where in my mind Neil Gaiman's Amnsi Boys and American Gods was in my mind and also a biography of Hitler also interests me to look for. So I head my way to jaya centre-point (formerly known as Yohan). On my way day I went pass inside Mcdonald's, the fresh air of disgusting burgers and fastfood the look of people feeding their kids these food disgusts me. Also, fat people serving, I'm serious, the peope who serve there are fat. Okay moving on from my hatred of the fastfood industry (excluding Fratini's they're slow food like many chinese restaurants in brunei).

I arrive in jaya via walking, so I go up the start by the hotel and to my shock there's no sight of a bloody bookshop. I was in shock. So yeash, I went all the way back to the mall.
Then I decieded to walk all the way to bookers which is across the road. So I walked and walked until I reach booker.

Once I get inside the shop, I looked through the books, so many books, then walk slowily really slow sideways. Skim Skim and then my eyes widens! why I SAW THE GODFATHER, THE GODFATHER'S REVENGE, THE GODFATHER RETURNS, OMERTA, and THE FOURTH K. Among that list I only got The Godfather Returns which I've read, nice book very violent close to the ending. So I took the two books The Godfather and The Godfather's Revenge, with a big fat grin on my face. The guy at the cashier looked at me weirdly because well, no one really has a big smile, bearing teeth, I guess they don't really see happy people from bookshops. Actually, I felt like Yomiko Readman, the female character from Read or Die, I felt like a book lover who just found a book most desired. Okay I purchased the book and got home. So, I was the happiest man in the world.

Upon arriving at home in my room, I did my routine doing before reading the book. Which is smell the book, frizz the pages and smell it, fresh, flip through pages, looks good, since it's a special book i hugged it (call me weirdo), look at the cover, touch it, and now read it.

As you can see, under few hours of walking and searching of books, I completely forgot about getting a biography of hitler and Neil Gaiman's books. But instead I've became incredibly HAPPY as I got the book, and I still have a big smile on my face.

I want more books!

No comments: