Friday, January 18, 2008

Hmmm....

February is coming, meaning Chinese New Year is coming up (where restaurants, grocery stores and malls are already in the mood and playing dongy chingy changy dingy cha cha....also means Lilian Too's Feng Shui lecture in Astro is going to be on show again) and also Ash Wednesday (a day before CNY). Japanese elementary/beginners course is coming up and ya, that's that coming up for feb for me (only a 5 week course) which will be interesting.

Currently what's bothering me is the news from football really, the news about the american owner of Liverpool FC (I just celebrated/self-celebration the 8th year of supporting that club). The news was that Hicksy talked Klinsmen for the manager's job which to me an insult to what Rafa has done for the club, bringing back the glory days that were almost long gone for us Liverpool supporters. So ya...

Also, I've learned Psychology is on-demand at the moment in Brunei and Singapore currently, so I made a right choice of thinking of the switch from accantancy to psychology. In addition, I heard that'll be an interesting and challenging course because you have understand the true motives of people and why they're doing this and that and their purpose as well. Psychology is the study of human behavior anyways. But I'm aiming for medicine psychology not legal (or law) psychology because I don't want to face too much peer pressure from protecting or investigating criminal minds and I'm more on wanting to help people through health reasons and such.

Ummm, I know not many of you watch anime but I just got to say this is that Anime that are dubbed into different languages other than Japanese, it sounds absolutely weird! I mean seriously there's no emotion from those dubbing, and whenever I watch an anime that is dubbed I'd go what in the world? nani? nandeska? But I understand that you've got to dub for the sake of the people watching it to understand other than putting subtitles or something. I hate being critic on things sometimes...

In my mind recently is about leaders, you know those people you probably see in the news or read in newspapers or books or your teachers or your coach or the principal or the boss of your dad or the alien mamaship soaring in the night sky (okay maybe not). You've got wonder, what does it takes to be a leader? I, for myself understood that it's difficult being a leader because I've led a painting team to RIPAS. I discovered that it takes more than just being responsible, because there's be reliability, trustworthness and commitment to the job. Of course you'd understand why you those three, but there's one other thing which the heart for the job meaning the passion for doing the job. Like for example in the world of football, Steven Gerard, he's got those qualities to lead a club as captain and carry the burden as well. Another example would be Stalin, why Stalin? yes he was brutal in his rein as leader of the USSR but he didn't lack any of those, he had a big responbility to bring up the USSR from the grounds of the 1920s revolution and civil war, he has to show that the people of the country can rely on his action and to show why they must trust him through his speeches and he commited him self for the job and also the heart for the job. However, with these qualities that was need he had to show brutality and fear to people i.e terrorizing the masses and showing that there's an enemy among the people. Well, this is my opinion and I am hoping for the best for the elections that are going to take place this year because I don't want to see another leader like the president of the philippines (which i don't see any of candiates fits in), the USA elections and other elections around the world

Oh yea, I'll leave you a departing riddle:

I come twice a week,
Once a year but
never in a month.
What am I?

Anyways, I'll see you again next week or before chinese new year!

No comments: