It's 5 minutes to doomsday. I'm serious, IT'S FIVE MINUTES TO DOOMDAY! The doomsday clock that is. Why did I say that? well it was in news last year, and I've watched a documentary which I fell asleep when I was watching it for the first time but this time I stayed a wake. The documentary documented the doomdays clock. The clock is a prediction of how many minutes is it til the world goes into a nuclear war aka world war 3 (which I pray there wouldn't be). The clock moves depending on the events in history where conflicts and eventful events affect the movement of the clock's minute hand forward to the midnight (as you notice the time this is posted, it's strike midnight) or away from midnight, meaning the furtherer the minute hand is the more probablity it is for peace while the closer it is to midnight the more likely it is for a nuke war.
For more information, visit these following websites for your heart's content of information!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_clock
http://www.thebulletin.org/
While on topic of Doomsday...what does doomsday means to us?
To scientist and historians alike, doomsday is the war that will destroy the entire human race where the weapons would cause devastating destruction to every nation and not only that it's also biological warfare as well.
To religion is the great and divine judgment of us humans where true believers would go to heaven through a rapture and also following what is written in the bible called the revelation where it'll e the great battle of good and evil and much more. By the way this may differ from your beliefs.
To us regular students, it's a different case. Doomsday is the final examinations where we'd prepare mind-blowingly to burst our brains til it's jammed pack with information. Also It's results of exams (I remember when doomsday of results was last year and big sigh of relief of passing and plus celebration with my family), where we'd either wait patiently or nervously or both. Also doomsday also means paperwork and major assignments are due in! (ahh sweet memories of my fellow IB compatriots running around to get everything in time).
To normal everyday (working) people, it'll be the end of the world where the world just dies (like the conspiracy that the world would die and Y2k bug, millenium disasters and everyone has to evacuate and conserve supplies [yes, i still have clear memory of people panicing before the year 2000]) or same situation as the students where they'd panic for due paperwork.
So yeah....those are some doomsday views.
Me? I just hope doomsday stay as far as paperwork, major projects and due in work. I mean, no one really want a doomsday that will destroy the world. Since life starts as soon we're born and life ends whenever we die either purposely, naturally or suddenly but it'll continue on during the after life. And life, we got a rollercoaster ride we've got to enjoy. And live longer and yea....
Anyways, see you when I see in my blog post soon!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment