[Actual Post,Not Pre-Posted]
Hello everyone,
I’m back from the land of offline, and it really sucks that I cannot absolutely blog when I want to. Especially this blog is Semi-Private. Why? My Relatives doesn’t know that I blog! Only my friends know that I blog…Though it seems that very few read this blog anyways.
So what’s up?
I’ve listened and learned some family secrets. Which is mostly about my family historical background, also I was able to confirm that I AM A FILIPINO CHINESE. How? My Maternal Grandmother told me about my great great grandfather [her grandfather, and her memory still fresh since she‘s not over 70 years of age yet], where he had to changed their Chinese names into Filipino or Spanish names because of the communist China during the cold war. In addition, it was also the social status of the Chinese in the Philippines during the cold war, where they were consider the lowest of the low…I know its insulting…especially for me, since learning my Chinese background for the first time. Anyways moving on, wondering what’s my maternal grandmother’s last name [since her last name is now Ognita when she was married]? Her last name or middle name now is Santiago. BUT her Chinese last name is ‘Goh’. Interesting yeas? To be honest, I’m very happy that I found out about this upon my arrival…Especially she told me that I almost look like my great grandfather [may his soul be blessed], Chinese looking and if I was white…which I was when I was little…I would be really Chinese.
This discovery of my family secret is really valuable to me, I was able to find out more about my family. I’m really happy you know but I have to keep it a secret here in Philippines…Why? Chinese people here are rich and also the crime rate of kidnapping is rare…Still It’ll be dangerous.
Fact: My Mother was scared if I went for a vacation in Philippines when I was little, why? I was really white and my Chinese looks is really clear. And Kidnapping was common those days, so it was dangerous to proclaim yourself a Chinese-Filipino.
I still need to find out more of my faternal side of my family, all I know my faternal grandmother is fair and Chinese Filipino and I only met her once.
Okay…So other than that, What’s up?
Just like what Lu Wee said in the tag box. READING and COOKING. Which is true! I cook some stuff. And I’ve been reading Watching a Tree by Adeline Yen Mah, which is about Chinese Philosophy, traditions and so on, very interesting too. Now? Introduction to Psychology and Thousand Pieces of gold. Other than those two of my favorite things to do, I play my Xbox 360 and basketball.
Anymore to add?
I’ve been practicing my mandarin abit! Yi dianr! But my tagalog is rubbish! So many times I’ve unale communicate properly! My pronunciations and so on is sketchy and sucky T_T
Errr….Anymore?
I’m enrolled at Our Lady of Fatima University! It’s one of the Top medical universities in the Philippines and it’s very internationally known! Also it’s very close by too!
Oh yea, I’ve been accredited three subjects. On my first year, my Maths and English has been accredited and has been replaced with semester 2 subjects which are Chemistry and Communication skills level 2. On my second year, my computer science has beeen accredited. BUT I’m disappointed that my two favorite subjects are in my third year! Which are World Literature and Humanities.
More?
I’ve been subject books shopping, for my reference in my studies.
Anymore last updates?
Yeas….My library is completed but my room isn’t, so I’ve been organizing my stuff in that room. And also I finally got Internet! And TV Cable! Finally I don’t have to ask permission to go to my cousin’s place and check my blog and facebook!
Anyways, I’ll be off! See You Real Soon!
Sunday, June 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment