Love, a word that is used so many times. It's really just word meaning affection and so on. Like for example "I Love You Mom/Dad" [Parental love], "I love you my dear friend" [Friendship love], "I love you my brother/sister" [sibling love] "*Sreams* I Love You [Insert Celebrity's name], "I love to [insert hobby]" or to a lover which is of course "I love you" or someone you like which is "I like you". Strange word love. People have different views about it.
Me? I was foolishly falling in "like" with girls who had good looks, thinking that she's really nice BUT nope rejected yes BUT personality wise? Hmm 3/4 are not nice people and seems to be...I dunno not the best personalities I've met.
And This is what people called tiny/puppy love. Yea I was one of them, those teens who just confess "I LIKE YOU!". Now I look back and I said to myself mow "I am a fool and an Idoit for doing that, I was a fool and blind." Yeash I regret myself for putting myself in those situations confessing and smashing onto a wall blindly. Sometimes I even hide my feelings because I know I'll be facing another downfall. Likewise, from preious post before "If I fall in love, I'll crumble easily like biscuit'
In addition: Love at first sight is a myth, it's more like love at first lust [meaning falling in love with looks rather than personality]
Now? My opinion of love changed drastically. I'm Single and proud to be. I'll stay single until I get a job [and earn some money], meaning I must finish my course. I cannot let my education be ruin again by this foolish feeling. The love I believe in now is my family, friends and of course my religion. Those teen years were just a foolishness of an idoitic boy who just fell in liking which I thought which is love but it isn't. And love isn't like those mushy bashy romancy books, happy love in soap opreas and happily ever after movies which is 'perfect love'.
AND if there's a girl in philippines who just well let's say likes me, my answer is "well, I'm sorry I'm focusing on my studies right now and it's pointless". Likewise in philippines, when they notice you ain't interested in girls, they'll mark this person as 'gay' or a 'homo'. Rather insulting right? But I don't care what they call me, all I care is my studies. [go ahead call me a geek, that's what I am anyways, an anti-social geek]
Likewise here's my Priorities:
1)God and my Religion
2)Family
3)Friendship
4)Education
5)Me and my personal interests
What I learned from my family experiences of love during their younger years during college/University?
- There's one that will wait for you infront of the schoolgate, then follow you home and try to gain as much personal information from different people = Stalker
- One that delliberately goes into your home, acts like she/he is the helpful one of the family and desires this person = Clinger I call, why? Keeps on trying to get this person no matter what
- One will approuch in vibrant way that makes your heart "woot woot thud thud" - Flirtasaus, someone who flirt-a-ton. Intentions? something related to "S"
- The One = Soulmate [I believe in this, one man/woman will find the right person for her/him]
- Love? = More like possibly 'yes,I REALLY LIKE this person s/he is it', possible contridiction though. Like 'Not really the person to be'
These are my observations and personal opinion in love and also stories that I put into my perspective. As far as I'm concern there are many young teen people who are in puppy love, which I qoute my mom
"It won't last this one is little only and not 'true love', once you've get a job that's where it begins. Love during your education years is not important. What's important is your education, it's the only lifelong gift from your parents. And cherish only your family and friends."
I learned gravely from experience and regretted that I let myself down and as well affected me stupidly during my secondary years[not including IB]. I have a different view now because, I learned my lesson. And I swear that the ONLY LOVE I'M INTERESTED AND BELIEVING IN IS FAMILY AND FRIENDSHIP NOT RELATIONSHIOPand also my LOVE FOR MY INTERESTS AND SO ON.
I've changed abit I know. Some Views have changed. As we grow older, the more we change. But There's two things can't be changed, it's our personality and memories.
[To be honest, I was nervous when I was typing this post. It's the first time I blogged an overview of my love life and reviewed it and compared from then and now. Also I'm starting to understand why psychology seems to suitable for me, I'm a silent observer...An anti-social even.]
Note:Most songs are based on love, Some are about friendship, and little are about parents/family
Thursday, May 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment