The Giant, it's like a miniture version of the mall that shrunk to the ground floor...Only the Grocery Part of it is big, lots of stuff there though compared to supa save gadong, The Giant Grocery is much more bigger including a snack corner where you can buy snacks if you're a hungry shopper around the grocery. The only stores you'll see is the bookshop I always go to [take a guess if you may, it begins with Best then it's an E and ends with N], Guardian, KFC, AV, Food Court (the food court is smaller but the food is better), that jewellery store you'd see in the mall, AV the dvd/cd shop, toilet, a muslim prayer room, some clothes shops for men and women and of course a fancy wancy restaurant.
The only things I bought while in the Giant is a book (Lu Wee don't kill me =)), is Adolf Hitler's very only Biography called Mein Kampf (my struggle) which I'll be looking forward to read (but credit card didn't work since they didn't have a card reader yet). Also i bought an air bed, for my time in the Philippines, where I'd need it in my Study/Library room only if I stayed up so late and lazy to go to my bedroom so there I'll sleep in there.
The only problem is that it's long road trip like going to UBD and when it's pay day...IT'S SO CROWDED!! likewise always go to the mall and places like that around a week or two after payday and it'll be less less crowed ne?
Later that night and it was around 10:30pm my parents and I went to Singume since it's the only restaurant that's still open late night and also close to kiarong where I live. So while eating, I asked my dad what kind of business is that millionaire aussie doing at PDS abatoir (the meat business)? He said investments then he continued on the possible free scholarship after a few months or years where I'd be able to study in australia and continue psycho-med. Then I asked a really nice question "I think I should be Chinese-Filipino instead of just filipino. Do you think I should become Chinese-Filipino?" and guess what? he agrees to allow to be filipino-chinese! He must have considered these facts before agreeing:
1)I look chinese, since I'm turning to semi-tanned and eye shape so chinese looking (and just imagine without my glasses)
2)Unlike him, I can speak yidianr hanyu. [xie xie tsui laohi he ISB]
3)Family bloodline, my grandmother in my Dad's side is filipino-chinese and when I met her for the first time in my life (and died the year after I met her, god bless her soul) look so chinese than filipino! Also, according to my dad he rejected an offer from my grandmother to study in a chinese school and also to learn chinese...in which he now regretted...why? It's social and racial separation. Wo de wai po (maternal mother), is very very chinese looking! squited eyes even though with glasses still squited eyes and also very fair skin. Also has chinese blood from her mother.
4)I'm the only guy in my family that looks very much chinese, compared to my cousins.
5)I can do chinese accent, with the bah, lah, ma, ne, wah, aiya, hiya.
Those five facts he must have considered before answering, but I then I had to explain those five facts.
Anyways got to go and finish hundred secret senses, I couldn't finish it last week because of my headache since monday and only recovered since thursday so am back with my way of reading.
Oh yeah, I'm looking for these books:
Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
The Last Samurai by Helen Dewitt
The Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
Please do recommend me some more books! (prepares to be shot by an unsuspecting arrow)
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment